- Tech savvy engineer – willing and able to learn new skills, track industry trend
- 4+ years of total experience of very strong server-side Java/ Python/ Scala experience, especially in an Open Source, data-intensive, distributed environments with minimum 3 years’ experience in Big data related technologies
- Worked on open source products and contributed towards it
- Well aware of various architectural concepts of Distributed Computing, Data Warehousing and Analytics
- Self-starter & resourceful personality with ability to manage pressure situations
- Exposure to Scrum and Agile Development Best Practices
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Project Location(s): Oak Ridge, TN, US
- Implementation of various solutions arising out of the large data processing (TB’s/ PB’s) over various NoSQL, Hadoop, and MPP-based products.
- Active participation in the various Architecture and design calls with Big Data customers.
- Building Team and Mentoring team members
- Conducting sessions/ writing whitepapers/ Case Studies pertaining to Big Data.
- Responsible for timely and quality deliveries.
- Fulfill organization responsibilities – Sharing knowledge and experience within the other groups in the organization, conducting various technical sessions and trainings.
- Core Java and Database:
- 2+ years of experience in developing Java applications and web frameworks
- Strong core java and related enterprise tech stack like Spring, Hibernate.
- Strong understanding of web services, knowledge of REST architecture and working experience integrating with Web Services
- Experience with web service development frameworks like Spring-WS or Jersey or Apache CXF and persistence frameworks such as Hibernate
- Good knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and performance optimization techniques
- Hands-on experience in working with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server